by Tony Packo's Café - Front St.
Try it using our Thin Sliced Pickles & Peppers for a classic taste, or WOW up the flavor with our Sweet Hot Skinnies! Our suggestion for the ultimate in fried pickles is Packo’s Pick, Really Chunky Garlic Dills!
- 2 cups peanut oil for frying, or as needed
- 1 (32 ounce) jar dill pickle slices, drained
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Ranch dressing
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Pat the pickle slices dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, cayenne pepper, black pepper and garlic powder. Dip pickle slices into the egg, and then coat with the bread crumb mixture.
- Fry the pickles in the hot oil, until golden brown on each side, turning once. Transfer to paper towels, and serve hot with Ranch dressing.