by Michael's Café & Bakery
This recipe will make approximately 15-20 apple dumplings.
- 1 lb Butter
- 1 lb Brown Sugar
- 4 oz. Cake Flour
- 2 tbs. Cinnamon
- 1 lb. Butter
- 1 lb. Brown Sugar
- Splash of water
- 1C heavy cream
- 1 tbs vanilla
- Peel and core the apples. Leave them whole. Prepare core filling and stuff each core area (middle) of all the apples.
- Prepare a basic double pie crust recipe. Roll out dough in a circle, twice the size of the apple.
- Place apple in the center and bring sides of dough up and around the apple.
- Remove any excess dough that may be at the top. You only want to cover the apple.
- Butter a baking sheet.
- Place apples on sheet and brush egg wash over each of them ( egg & milk).
- Shake cinnamon and sugar on tops.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 1 hour 10 min. (After 45 min. insert knife to check for doneness.
- When done , internal temp. will be 170-180 degrees)
- Remove from oven and drizzle 2 oz caramel glaze mix over each
: Bring to boil: (caramel stage= consistent boil in middle) Remove from heat and add 1 C heavy cream and 1 tbs vanilla.